Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Have you seen this movie?

I was looking for a good character flick recently, and I stumbled upon The Hunter, starring Willem Dafoe. It's a smaller-budget Australian film that, at first, looked a little dark for my taste, but I rented it anyway.


It was, indeed, dark - but, then again, extinction isn't really a subject suited to comedy (unless you're talking about Ice Age, which romps recklessly through prehistory with no accountability whatsoever).  

In The Hunter, we find ourselves on the trail of the extinct Tasmanian tiger, rumored to still haunt remote reaches of Tasmania's mountain country. The journey is rife with malice, blood, and also unexpected tenderness. Though there is never a clear declaration of right and wrong, we're left pondering our species' place in the grand scheme.

Intrigued?

Read my full review on About.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, suggestions? Please share them here.